Sunday, July 06, 2008

I'm here!

Hola a todos! After a smooth flight (with both of my bags making it!), meeting the other volunteers at the airport, a ride in the crazy traffic (ohh Latin America) and dinner at Pizza Hut at the mall (I'm not joking ... yes my first meal in Honduras :) we made it back here late last night. Orientation starts at 7am tomorrow and goes until about 8pm at night (this will be the schedule for the next 2 weeks).

So lots to learn and see and do in these next few days! I'm currently sitting at the internet cafe on the ranch (yes there is wireless) with the other female volunteers who are already here -- we're from the US, Holland, Spain, and Germany! (FUN!) There will be 18 new volunteers starting with our group which will give us a total of 37ish volunteers for the next 6 months. Tonight we're having dinner with all of the volunteers (new and old) to get to know one another.

Honduras is GREEN and there are TONS of trees on the Ranch.

Peace and love to ya'll!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

"Honduras is GREEN"

Ha ha. I love it!